Professional coaches have long been recognized for their skills in helping athletes and executives perform at their best. Now professional wellness coaches are helping people reach their best health and well-being. Wellness coaches are trained to help clients develop and implement personal wellness plans by:
- accepting and meeting them where they are today
- asking them to take charge
- guiding them in doing the mindful thinking and doing work that builds confidence
- helping them define a higher purpose for wellness and uncover our natural impulse to be well
- helping them tap into our innate fighting spirit
- addressing mental and physical health together
- helping them draw a personal wellness blueprint
- helping them set realistic goals; small victories lay the foundation for self-efficacy
- harnessing the strengths they need to overcome their obstacles
- helping them view obstacles as opportunities to learn and grow
- helping them build a support team
- inspiring and challenging them to go beyond what they would do alone
When you choose to offer coaching as a service to your employees, it will require employee time:
- One, 60-90 minute introductory meeting with the employee (either in person or phone)
- Bi-weekly follow up meetings (by phone) for 30-45 minutes
Employers, depending on the size of your population, have an opportunity to receive data on utilization:
- Number of employees signing coaching contract
- Number of sessions completed (% of total)
- Progress toward reaching goals
Employers will not have access to personally identifiable information, or to specific goals created.
At a minimum, coaching should be offered for three months. This will allow the employee to develop skills and practice setting and achieving appropriate goals.
WorkWell Investments employs three certified wellcoaches.